Aosta-Cogne-Gressan: a triangle (in strict alphabetical order) made of relationships and interweaving which have lasted for years, even decades. Cultural, industrial, historical, recreational, urban, tourist. The link that was missing only the formalization that came with signing the Memorandum of Understanding between the three administrations held today, on Tuesday, June 14, in the Aosta Commune Principal Hall, a place especially appreciated by a large delegation of relevant councils.
Strengthen and systematize the excellence of each of the three territories to unite them and create a great tourist center (and not only) along the central valley to link the plain amidst the great attractions of the Aosta Valley, for example the Mont Blanc, Matterhorn and Monte Rosa areas: these are objectives entrusted to the control room to work on the implementation of various activities.
“There is no top classbut three thinking heads that will try to create good ideas for citizens “- emphasizes the mayor of Aosta, Gianni Nuti. “From today we work on parallel axes, and different departments of the three administrations talk to each other. We must all gain. It is a matter of systematizing existing initiatives, as was the case, for example, with the Gran Paradiso Film Festival in Panoramiche last weekend, and it will be it is important that the consortium of operators is on its own to offer a more systemic offer ”.
A union that also wants to be an example by developing a transport model Green (thanks to the presence of the Gran Paradiso National Park from Cogne), per a new way to experience mountains, culture and sport. It is these three axes that represent the strength on which Aosta, Cogne and Gressan will work: “The bond we want to forge through this collaboration is to strengthen our excellence, which is above all nature, culture and sport,” she emphasizes. Franco Aller, the mayor of Cogne. “Various peculiarities in the three territories, but which serve to increase the tourist pole.”
“There are constant exchanges with Aosta, just think about sports area and bicycle pathconnected by a footbridge, as a “relief valve” of the city, but also with Jovanotti’s concert, which will take place in the green area, but with the essential contribution of the Aosta Commune “- explains Michel Martinet, Mayor Gressan. It is therefore inevitable to think Stack and the new cable car: “Pila spa’s intention is to encourage tourism with its new facility, a leave the door of any connection to Cogne openwhich we would all see very favorably, ”continues Martinet. “The Aosta-Pila-Cogne connection would not be just a journey, but a real experience,” echoed Allera. “We have to work together to be unique territory and also to make what’s around us grow.”
Objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding between Aosta, Cogne and Gressan
Regarding the objectives, the signatories of the MoU commit to:
- share the line of tourism promotion and development of the Aosta / Gressan – Pila / Cogne area by coordinating the relevant Tourism Development Programs and coordinating the organization of dispersed initiatives in different territories, and mutually reinforcing the specificities and events that characterize each location involved in the creation of a real strategic central tourist axis of Valle d ‘Aosta;
- jointly promote development policy, in particular by appearing in relation to the regional administration – also through its subsidiary Pila SpA or the current manager of not only the Pila ski area but also its relationship with Aosta and the area called FA08 and VdA Structure – as a territorial coordination concerned integrated development of reception policies, redevelopment of cities, construction of intermodal nodes to facilitate the relief of urban traffic and promotion of green mobility;
- improve and improve routes, roads and paths across the territories of various municipalities by identifying historically rooted narrative, descriptive and coordinated promotional tools useful for promoting local micro-economies;
- jointly promote sport and recreation initiatives of common interest, fostering the exchange of tourist flows interested in trekking, walking and cycling and interactions between the city and the surrounding area;
- jointly organize social, cultural and sports events of tourist significance, for which the economic division and cooperation of human resources is foreseen for the relevant bodies, also operating within the territories of competence of other associated bodies, subject to the specific provisions of cooperation agreements between municipalities;
- support 0 km products, in particular from organic and / or ecologically sustainable agriculture through itinerant initiatives, facilitating relations with training and research institutions, with institutes dealing with research and improvement of short and ecological supply chains, facilitating visits to production centers agri-food livestock farming farming in the territories involved and creating exchange networks between producers and restaurateurs, also with the aim of experimenting and approving new agri-food, food and wine proposals;
- raise the quality of initiatives and services of social significance present in different territories by creating networks of relations and exchange between experiences, in particular innovative ones, social support for the weak, young people, active and dependent elderly people, people with disabilities in order to improve their quality of life in full integration with places of belonging; encourage the creation and promotion of citizens’ initiatives, solidarity and mutual assistance in the territories in a coordinated manner;
- capturing and joint participation in regional, national and European funding lines on issues of common interest, in particular communication, transport (with particular emphasis on zero-emission issues), enhancement of common environmental, historical, cultural and tourist heritage.